Archaeologists say 100-yard jetties found at the site of an ancient Viking village in Sweden suggest a coastal marketplace not previously imagined.
The jetties, five times longer than previously believed, show evidence of the Vikings’ extensive trade system, Olsson said.
“The remains of the port structures show that it was actually a port, not just small jetties jutting out onto the beach as previously thought,” he said.
- lavenderking likes this
- hraeddur reblogged this from hatetsochsotetsarme
- jimtheviking likes this
- oldnorse reblogged this from midjungards
- hatetsochsotetsarme reblogged this from midjungards
- midjungards reblogged this from fornsed
- midjungards likes this
- notenoughthyme reblogged this from stitch-n-time
- stitch-n-time reblogged this from fornsed
- likeadeadchinadoll reblogged this from fornsed
- mdtepsic likes this
- glennybruce likes this
- stitch-n-time likes this
- bellonanj73 likes this
- sloneczka likes this
- ekkolalia likes this
- senjukannon likes this
- lust-thrust reblogged this from fornsed
- fornsed posted this